Subject: I Keep Getting Compiler Errors
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Amthor <amthor@chroam.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/20/2003 21:34:39
Hi Folks,

Maybe I'm too dumb or WTF happens:

Every time I try to compile a package that depnds on Mozilla
components, the compiler stops at random stages due to random errors,
including "internal compiler error", SIG11, script errors, \dots

Actually, I'm trying to get phoenix to work, since dillo is nice to
have but cannot display most sites, and Mozilla itself is a "bit" too
heavy for this machine.

I'm running NetBSD 1.6.1 on a Sun SS2 @40MHz with 100MB of RAM. I've
been able to install (and therefore compile) packages like bash, emacs
and wmaker from the pkgsrc tree. The pkgsrc tree on my system itself
is about three weeks old.

Everything else works fine and keeps working when the compiler runs
into one of these errors.

Any ideas?

cheers,

Chris