Subject: re: First Boot fails!
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/17/2003 15:38:27
   >> For what values of "we"?  I've been running 1.4T for years, and have
   >> been experiencing random crashes [...]
   > i concur.  i basically stopped using _all_ sun4c class machines
   > because of rare random lossage.

   My experience indicates that that's an overreaction.  I see no problem
   with the more recent sun4c machines - the only ones I specifically
   recall seeing trouble on are the 1, the 1+, the IPC, and either an SLC
   or an ELC, I forget which: the ones with software-flush caches.  In
   particular, the 2 and the IPX have never given me any trouble.

unfortunately, i had problems with both SS2's and IPXen.... i've
had them basically forever.  never had a /sparc machine stay up
more than 100 or so days until i had a sun4m machine.  they're
sitting in my closet if anyone in melbourne wants them :-)

.mrg.