Subject: Re: booting problem (newbie)
To: Maurizio Caloro <mauric@active.ch>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/16/2003 08:08:14
On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 01:28:25PM +0200, Maurizio Caloro wrote:
> dear  netbsd group
>
> after a short time i have at the finish from the boot a strange
> errors that appairs, and i dont know from where it comes
>
> iam shure that its nothing from rc.conf or inetd.conf
> but my latin its finish now
>
> the last two software are Squid and apache that i have installed
> can you please have a look

> >Starting virecover.
> >starting local daemons:.
> >Updating motd.
> >2003/06/16 07:49:13| WARNING: No units on '     cache_mem 36MB',assuming 36.000000 bytes
> >Starting inetd.
> >>require: not found
> >>use: not found
> >>use: not found
> >>use: not found
> >>use: not found
> >>my: not found
> >>my: not found
> >>=~: not found
> >>my: not found
> >>=~: not found
> >>my: not found
> >>my: not found
> >>/etc/rc.d/ddclient: 23: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
> >>Starting cron.
> >Starting apache.
> >Mon Jun 16 07:52:22 CEST 2003

What is "ddclient"? It doesn't appear to be part of Squid or Apache,
although I haven't installed the latest versions of those packages.

It looks like you've got a Perl script called "/etc/rc.d/ddclient"
that doesn't have the initial "#! /usr/pkg/bin/perl" line in it. The
shell tries to run it since it isn't marked perl, and then the shell
has trouble with it and reports the error messages.

The "cache_mem 36MB" message looks like Squid (or something else)
complaining that it doesn't like the "MB", try changing it to "M". This
is a different error than the other issue I commented on.

BTW, this isn't a SPARC-specific question. The best place for this sort
of question is netbsd-users, but people are often glad to help in less
optimum places as well.

Seen on bottom of IBM part number 1887724:
DO NOT EXPOSE MOUSE PAD TO DIRECT SUNLIGHT FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME.