Subject: Re: sparc station 5-170 (turbo sparc)
To: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/13/2003 14:01:47
On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 12:11:37AM -0400, kpneal@pobox.com wrote:

> Oh, I'm perfectly happy with the Type 3. The Type 4 is good as well.
> I've always hated the layout of the Type 5, and anything past that
> just feels like a piece of junk.

I am using a type 6... I find that acceptable, just.  The thing that
does cause flame wars is the location of the caps-lock.  Myself, I
prefer the caps lock to be next to the A key (i.e. the PC style
keyboard) rather some little after thought tucked in one corner like
it is on the type 4 and the other Sun "unix" style keyboards.
It is not worth responding to this... you will not change me ;-)

> I just wish I didn't need to clean my Type 4 so often. Is there a
> good way to clean the board inside a Type 4? I generally use a damp
> cloth which seems to work OK for a little while.

Which probably oxides the contacts in short order so you are back to
the start again.  Try getting some electrical contact cleaner and
using that to wipe over the contacts, that normally has stuff in it to
try and prevent oxidation.

--
Brett Lymn