Subject: RE: sparc station 5-170 (turbo sparc)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: John Ruschmeyer <jruschme@comcast.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/12/2003 15:32:53

Personally, I like the type 5's... reasonably nice solid feel. At the risk
of being branded a heretic, I'll state that the one on my SS20 at home (and
my U10 at work) has the PC layout, rather than the traditional layout. Much
easier on my now-mistrained fingers. (And to think that I used to program on
a Televideo 950.)

> Mind you, I haven't actually tried any USB Sun keyboards.  But given
> the direction they were going with the 4 and then the 5, I doubt I'd
> care for them.

From what I can see, the USB ones are just type 6's with a interface.
Personally, I don't like them... flimsy, clicky, PC-like things. Out of
curiousity, has anyone ever seen one with anything other than a Unix layout?

FWIW, the PS/2 Sun keyboard I have (from a Javastation, I presume) is pretty
much a commodity PC keyboard in look and feel.

Am I any more a heretic if I also express a liking for the Crossbow (type 6)
mouse?

<<<John>>>