Subject: sparc station 5-170 (turbo sparc)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Anthony Watters <awatters@attbi.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/12/2003 08:03:49
newbie questions

I recently picked up a Sparc Station 5-170 (turbo sparc). currently it has a
Plextor CDROM, 256 MB of ram, and a additional 10/100 Ethernet card.

I am interested in running linux and setting it up as a firewall.

With that in mind, could someone recommend a specific linux distribution
that works on a SS5-170? Maybe something with a friendly user interface
perhaps?

I was thinking of possibly debian or openBSD or something else along those
lines. Any installation advice would also be appreciated.

In addition, since I have multiple sparcs here,  I would also be interested
in recommendations for an adapter that I can use to convert my moniter ,
mouse/keyboard for use with a VGA moniter, ps2 mouse & standard 101
keyboard?

Thanks

tw