Subject: Re: DNS and the entry of names.conf (newbie)
To: Maurizio Caloro <mauric@active.ch>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/26/2003 18:01:06
On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 05:30:43PM +0200, Maurizio Caloro wrote:
> and sorry that i past in so much files, but my DNS its also not
> working fine, and my last chance i see when i puss me files
> "names.conf"and so in this group please can any one check me files

you have one host listed in caloro.ch:

netsun          IN      A       192.168.20.222

and in named.conf you instruct named to listen on a different IP#:

options {
	[...]
	listen-on port 53 { 192.168.20.220; };
};

does the host running named have an interface with this IP#?

      "It's not fast, but why not?"  --  John Klos on VAX dnet client
  "because it needlessly contributes to global warming?"  --  Paul Vixie