Subject: Re: disklabel: ioctl DIOCGDINFO: Operation not supported by device
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: henry nelson <netb@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/20/2003 13:24:15
On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 12:09:02PM +0900, henry nelson wrote:
> I'm trying to install 1.5.3 on an old IPC.  I put in a Seagate ST3600N
[...]
> When I run "(I)nstall", I get an error after replying 'y' to "Do you
[...]
>   "disklabel: ioctl DIOCGDINFO: Operation not supported by device"

Sorry.  This turned out to have been a hardware problem.  The disk doesn't
respond to the embedded utility in a Tekram 390 card, either.  An older Conner
drive seems to be working as far as letting me edit the disklabel.  (Not 100%
sure the IPC eprom is finding it as a boot drive, however.  Need more time to
check on that, but at least I can continue with the NetBSD install!)

henry nelson