Subject: Re: Sun Classic crahes (NetBSD 1.6)
To: Marianne Spiller <marianne@mathematicians.de>
From: Greg Matthews <gmatt@nerc.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/16/2003 11:12:51
hi Marianne...

this is a well known 'gotcha' with sun hardware, powering off a terminal
actually sends a break signal to the serial port which is the equivalent
of pushing stop-a on the keyboard and the machine drops to the ok
prompt. therefore - always always unplug the serial line before powering
off the terminal.

hth

GREG

--