Subject: Re: Probably silly question
To: Chris Amthor <amthor@chroam.de>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/12/2003 15:08:47
On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 08:58:43PM +0200, Chris Amthor wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I have a probably silly question;

Not silly at all - though more appropriate for tech-pkgsrc than
tech-sparc...

> How is it about building several packages from /usr/pgksrc at the same
> time in multiple consoles on the same machine from the pkgsrc?

In /etc/mk.conf, set

PKGSRC_LOCKTYPE?= sleep
OBJHOSTNAME=yes

and the second process to get to any particular package will wait until
the first one is finished before it does anything with it.

I don't know if this is considered a stable option yet or is still under
trial (since it's not on by default) - but it hasn't caused me any
problems.

All this stuff in twice the space would only look half as bad!
					      - me