Subject: Probably silly question
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Amthor <amthor@chroam.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/12/2003 20:58:43
hi all,

I have a probably silly question;

How is it about building several packages from /usr/pgksrc at the same
time in multiple consoles on the same machine from the pkgsrc?

e.g.:

I build A, which requires C in console 1.  The dependence to C will be
discovered at some stage of the building process, thus C is built and
intalled also.

Meanwhile, logged in on console 2, I decide to install B, which also
depends on C.

What happens if

(i) the install process on console 1 hasn't yet got to the the point
when it comes to install C when the process on console 2 already has?

(ii) both processes decide at (nearly) the same time, that they depend
on C and decide to build it?

Please note that I'm aware of what _real_ processes are, and I
apologise for the improper use of the term "process". (#define process
"The way something is done")

TIA and best regards,
Chris