Subject: Re: Netzworccard installation !?
To: Maurizio Caloro <mauric@active.ch>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/27/2003 22:32:07
> Now i have Installed a new networccard in my sparc classic
> but i dont find any new card,

> when i try a ifconfig le0 --> its the onboard nic
> and ifconfig le1           --> its like the mac adress from onboard nic

If you have le1, you have the second Ethernet.  It is normal, on Suns,
to see the same MAC address on all NICs; this ain't a peecee.  (This is
a comparatively little-known piece of the Ethernet spec; multiple
interfaces on the same machine may use the same MAC address.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign