Subject: Re: Problem netbooting an Sparc Station 2
To: Volker Borchert <v.borchert@vistecprivat.de>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Laurent=20FAILLIE?= <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/27/2003 20:24:02
 --- Volker Borchert <v.borchert@vistecprivat.de> a
écrit : >
> Trond Endrestøl wrote:

> |> Is the IP address of Zeus defined somewhere?
> |> In DNS or in /etc/hosts ?
>
> Good point. It needs to be defined in the _client_'s
> /etc/hosts
> because at the time it tries to mount "/" the client
> does not yet
> have NIS or DNS clients running.

Yes but :
1/ I can't specify this address in client's /etc/hosts
as ... it haven't any file system yet
2/ it was working w/ the name of the server when I
have installed my SS5.

> But the OP's machine did not get that far - the
> "whoami" failure
> indicates either a dead or unknowing bootparamd or
> some low-level
> network problem.

I think something is wrong here because, as you can
see, all deamons are running in debug mode and only
rarpd display something. Nothing from sun-rbootd or
rpc.bootparamd .

Anyway, I will try using the motherboard le0 as
sugested ...

Bye

Laurent

=====
The misspelling master is on the Web.
   _________	100 % Dictionnary Free !
 /  Dico  / /	Pleins d'autres fautes sur
/________/ /	http://go.to/destroyedlolo
(#######( /	http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org:8080
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.