Subject: NMI: system interrupts: 40000000 (Re: trap type 0x29 )
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Volker Borchert <v.borchert@vistecprivat.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/24/2003 01:48:57
der Mouse writes:

|> Possibly reelvant is that the first time I poke at the cg6 - whether
|> with a program that works or the one that dies - I get
|>
|> NMI: system interrupts: 40000000<VME=0,SBUS=0,ME>
|>
|> This message does not repeat; I've never seen it more than once per
|> boot, even when running various cg6-using programs repeatedly.  Except
|> that I don't get it on other machines, and the correlation that it
|> shows up on first framebuffer access, I see no reason to think it has
|> anything to do with the issue.

Well - I do see it on my LX as well, close in time to crashes with
"lockmgr: no context". This LX was supposed to serve as a DSL router
with NAT/PAT and filters using the onboard le0 as inside and a
501-2015 le1 as outside interface. It has a serial console. Things
like bind, newsx, fetchmail, sendmail work, but whenever I start
browsing the web using netscape, I almost immediatly get something
like

cpu0: NMI: system interrupts: 40000000<VME=0,SBUS=0,ME>
panic: lockmgr: no context
syncing disks... 9 9 9 9 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 7 7 7 7 7 giving up
Frame pointer is at 0xf01e45a0

on the serial console. GENERIC or homebuilt (cross on a Sparc-10)
kernel behave the same. Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> said
he suspected hardware problems like an SBus card not seated firmly
in the slot, and I was inclined to agree although I already had
re-seated everything, but now doubts arise.

	Volker