Subject: Re: Just curious
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Amthor <amthor@chroam.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/08/2003 15:16:47
Hi,

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 03:28:44PM +0200, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:

[...]

> it's a pizzabox-size unit with three additional SBus slots and two
> internal SCSI connectors for hard drives connected to a host machine
> equipped with SBus Expansion Adapter card with special cable.  it also
> has external SCSI connectors.

Just to make it clear: the xbox doesn't have an own SCSI controller,
thus you cannot increase the amount of SCSI devices by using an
xbos. If you want to use the drivebays in such a box, you have to
attach your station via a SCSI cable to the xbox.

The connection station <-> xbox occurs via a special cable and an sbus
card that eats up one internal slot of the station.

BTW: I have an xbox sitting on top of my ss2, and its very well
supported by NetBSD ;)

Best regards,
Chris