Subject: Re: 1.6Q snapshot
To: Steve Foster <s.p.foster@leeds.ac.uk>
From: Bill Meahan <wmeahan@wa8tzg.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/07/2003 07:46:37
On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 10:12:18 +0100
Steve Foster <s.p.foster@leeds.ac.uk> wrote:

> >> NetBSD/sparc Secondary Boot, Revision 1.12
> >> (autobuild@tgm.daemon.org, Mon Sep  9 08:12:32 UTC 2002)
> Booting netbsd.new.mp
> 2978532+96488+226816 [196016+151917Instruction Access Exception

FYI I got that same error when _net_ booting until I installed the
boot.net
that is in the snapshot. Then MP (net)booted just fine. Apparently
something has changed in the secondary boot that older versions of
boot.net can't handle and the bootblocks may have the same issue.

--
Bill Meahan  WA8TZG  wmeahan@wa8tzg.org  /~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
"Never ascribe to mailce what can be     \ /    No HTML/RTF in email