Subject: Re: Configuring an SS20 with dual scsi and dual ethernet card
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.demon.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/05/2003 10:44:42
> I chanced upon a little SS20 box today at the local surplus
> feeding frenzy, mostly because it had the scsi/ethernet card
> in it.

> One other question... what machines will this card
> work correctly in?  I have an old SS670MP server that
> could use such a card, for extended scsi capability,
> IFF it would work in that ancient vme toy.

Presumably that's the X1053A/FSBE/501-2015 card?  I'm fairly sure it should
work in any SBUS system.  I think only the 2-slot CG6 boards and the
10Base5/10Base2 ethernet boards aren't compatible with all SBUS machines.

I have an HME in my 630, it works with no problems (although I'm only using
the SCSI side).  And the 6x0's have the same SBUS back plate as the 20, so
you won't need to chase up one of those attachments with the lugs to fit on
the top ;-)

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/