Subject: Re: SS/10 SMP and NetBSD - CURRENT
To: Josh Paetzel <friar_josh@webwarrior.net>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/31/2003 12:26:13
On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 08:32:00PM -0600, Josh Paetzel wrote:

> So any thoughts on what would give me better performance, 1 cpu with cache
> enabled or 2 cpus without cache?  The box is going to be used as a headless
> web/mail server with fairly low loads on it.

Very hard to say, you will be able to run more processes at once but
they will run slower.  It really depends on whether or not you will
notice the slow down in a single thread or not.  Probably your best
bet would be to suck it and see, if it is perceptibly slower just
reboot to a uniprocessor kernel.

--
Brett Lymn