Subject: Re: SS/10 SMP and NetBSD - CURRENT
To: Josh Paetzel <friar_josh@webwarrior.net>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/31/2003 10:36:25
On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 06:33:55PM -0600, Josh Paetzel wrote:

> So, I have two questions:  1) Is my system in fact only utilizing
> one CPU,

Yes, you are only utilising one cpu - you need to compile and install
a MP kernel.

> 2) Which of the web-resources is correct?  Is there a chance for me to get
> this thing to boot SMP or not?

Both are correct - sparc SMP does work with mbus modules, it is just
that the Hypersparc ones have issues due to how their caches work.  If
you go back through the port-sparc archives there is a message from
mrg that tells you how to turn off the caches on the hypersparcs which
makes the machine run stably but you take a performance hit.  There
are some other patches there from me that try to make the cache
flushing work but, last I tried, they are not complete.

--
Brett Lymn