Subject: RE: Install question
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian McCann <bjm1287@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/21/2003 09:40:03
Thanks everyone, it worked great!

--Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: port-sparc-owner@netbsd.org [mailto:port-sparc-owner@netbsd.org]
On Behalf Of Manuel Bouyer
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 7:21 AM
To: Brian McCann
Cc: port-sparc@netbsd.org

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 08:36:24PM -0500, Brian McCann wrote:
> That did it, using sun-ss5.  Thanks!  I am having some issues booting
> after the install though.  I tried "boot disk1:a", and a is the root
> partition, but it says it can't find the file "netbsd".  Any
> suggestions anyone?

Looks like it didn't install the kernel. Did you select one of the
GENERIC kernel at install time ? It's easy to fix: boot again from
install media, go to the utility menu and configure network. Then get a
shell, mount the root partition on /mnt, ftp (or NFS or whatever you
want) kern-GENERIC.tgz, and exract it in /mnt

Manuel.Bouyer@lip6.fr