Subject: re: Booting problems
To: port-sparc@netbsd.org, Brian McCann <bjm1287@ritvax.rit.edu>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/21/2003 14:17:13
   > I've reinstalled twice now, and I'm still having the same problems.
   > (This is on a SPARCStation 20)  The OS appears to install fine, the
   > system reboots, and I run "boot disk1:a", it appears to load since I
   > get ">> NetBSD/sparc Secondary Boot, Revision 1.12"...."Booting
   > netbsd", then "open netbsd: No such file or directory".  Then it just
   > dumps me to a prompt.

   Well, it may seem like a bit of a "doh!" comment, but, are you sure
   you've got a kernel in "netbsd" in the relevant disk partition?  (If
   you're not sure, boot off your install media and get a shell - I think
   in sysinst it's on the utilities menu - and mount the filesystem and
   check.)

   I have a fuzzy memory of someone saying that installs didn't install a
   kernel if you weren't careful to make it do so, but I'm not sure what
   architecture that was for, and I'm not sure it wasn't fixed anyway.

it was sparc and it was in 1.6 should be fixed in -current from a
month or so ago and it is fixed in 1.6.1.

.mrg.