Subject: Boot from RAID?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: John Carr <jcarr@poethecat.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/13/2003 20:50:07
Hello, all...

I know I'm asking a question that's come up before, but I've not seen a
real definitive answer one way or the other (unless I'm looking in the
wrong places). Does NetBSD-1.6 or the upcoming 1.6.1 support booting
from RAID 1 (using RAIDframe) on sparc? I've seen the suggestion of
putting the kernel and bootloader on a small partition with the RAID
set to -A root.

Is this still the preferred method, or is there some patch to
installboot that'll allow it to install a bootblock on a RAID set
without a coredump? I'm fine with either method, but I'd prefer to
actually boot from the RAID than do the workaround.

Thanks in advance!