Subject: Re: Tadpole PCMCIA....again
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael M Delaney <mmdst23+@pitt.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/04/2003 13:13:56
I didn't see an ASIC gate layout (I'd love to get my hand on that
actaully, just out of curosity), but there is a memory map, list of
registers, and other usefull-looking things in the manual
(Technical Guide (3gx.pdf)
http://hw.tadpole.com/html/support/manuals/#SPARCbook ).  I'm not totally
sure if it's all the information needed, but it could be, I haven't done
any PCMCIA work outside of some Linux bootloader support for the SuperH at
an old job.  I can't say for sure that I'll have time to play with it over
the summer (I doubt I will be able until then, I have a big design
project), but someone may be able too.  Is there a good
book/guide/something on NetBSD drivers avilable?  Don Anderson wrote a
good book called PCMCIA System Architecture (possibly out of print) that
may be helpfull to anyone wanting to work on this who isn't familer with
PCMCIA.

Mike