Subject: Re: BigMac Ethernet out of rx descriptors
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Halverson <kwh@montana.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/25/2003 09:49:33
Woops, my bad, the card MUST be in 100baseTX to communicate with the
router on the other end.  Apparently, when the link goes down, it
reverts to 10Mbps when it comes back up.  I fixed the config so that
doesn't happen any more, but the problem with running "out of rx
descriptors" remains with the new configuration, which is:

be0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu
1500
        address: 08:00:20:71:fa:20
        media: Ethernet 100baseTX (100baseTX half-duplex)
        status: active
        inet6 fe80::a00:20ff:fe71:fa20%be0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x2

If I understand Volker's message correctly then, my TMS390 @ 60MHz
simply might not have the required gusto to clear the buffers.  Is there
no way I can utilize my 320MB of system memory? :^)

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin Halverson
kwh@montana.edu