Subject: My X on the cgfourteen and S24
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/15/2003 17:47:43
Under a different Subject: header, Bernd Sieker wrote

> I am running -current on my SS-20 to be able to use SMP, and if I
> start the Xsun24 with -cc 4 I get a true color Xserver, but after a
> short while I get a kernel panic.

This may or may not indicate a real problem.  I've never seen such
behaviour, but I've never run Xsun24 on the cg14 for any significant
length of time, either.

> Since the console is unreadable I cannot do anything in the debugger
> either.

One thing my cgfourteen driver does is support RASTERCONSOLE at 24bpp,
so the console doesn't go totally unusable upon starting X.

> So I'd really like to try der Mouse's modifications.

Others have made similar remarks.

I've just finished putting some stuff up on
ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/misc/mouse/X11R6.4p3/ for your perusal and
possible grabbing.  README is a brief once-over, kernel/ contains my
cgfourteen and tcx drivers, and patches.tar is a tarfile of my X source
directory including all the patches.  patches.unpacked is an unpacked
version of patches.tar, in case you want to poke around without having
to fetch the whole tarfile.

I hope these help people with SS20s and SS5s....

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign