Subject: Re: CG8 emulation on TCX boards
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Chiarchiaro <wjc@cleartech.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/15/2003 16:55:49
Several weeks ago, I made the same tcx.c changes that Tyler did to get
the S24 in my SS5 working in cg8 emulation.  I found the X server
patch described in PR 15963 to be unnecessary (and I think incorrect).
Running

  xinit -- -cc 4

was sufficient for me too.

However, I've seen none of the "strip at the bottom" or "black and red
output" that have been reported.  My S24's behavior has been just fine,
except for being slow.  I'm not running xconsole or xdm.  I'm running
the plain 1.6 release, aside from the tcx.c changes and a custom
kernel.

I'd be happy to provide any other info about my SS5 that might resolve
why it doesn't exhibit the S24 quirks that other have experienced.

--Bill