Subject: One more time... what version of the Solaris libs?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: John Ruschmeyer <jruschme@comcast.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/15/2003 08:50:20
My apologies for asking what is probably, by now, a FAQ, but what version of
the Solaris shared libs is appropriate for SVR4 emulation?

To explain- I recently installed 1.6 on an old Sparc 2 and am running the
GENERIC_SCSI3 kernel. I set up the /emul/svr4 directories and device nodes,
but then decided to take the shortcut of mounting /usr from my SS20 running
Solaris 9. Unfortunately, any attempt to run a command from the mounted /usr
would end in a SEGFAULT.

I then umounted the Sol9 /usr and mounted /usr from another box running
Solaris 2.5.1. This seems to largely work, except for some problems with
applications that try to make network connections.

As for network connections, I get the following if I try to use the Solaris
telnet client to connect to this (or any) box:

  crobin# /emul/svr4/usr/bin/telnet localhost
  Trying 127.0.0.1...
  Connected to localhost.
  Escape character is '^]'.
  localhost: Invalid argument
  Connection closed by foreign host.
  crobin#

Has anyone seen something like this before? Is this a result of having the
"wrong" libraries or of something else?

Thanks in advance...
<<<john>>>