Subject: re: smp for ss10
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/10/2003 12:57:57
   On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 11:20:42AM -0500, David Maxwell wrote:

   > At that point, you'll be on 1.6 userland and -current kernel, so some
   > utils like top and ps may not behave well, but you should be able to get
   > a sense of whether the system boots and runs both CPUs.

   Just a data point, I have been using a very recent -current kernel
   with a 1.5.1_alpha userland and top + ps work fine.

right.  simonb fixed top & ps (process grovellers) to use well-defined,
forwards-compatible sysctl()'s to get process info.  i can even run a
32 bit sparc top or ps binary under netbsd32 emulation on a sparc64 box
and get sane results.

if this does not work, it's a bug to be fixed.

.mrg.