Subject: re: TPE Port Problems on SS5
To: port-sparc <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: beaker <beaker@freeshell.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/06/2003 17:01:23
On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, matthew green wrote:

> try "net-tpe" instead of "net".

I'm not trying to net-boot this box: the problem is that the TPE port just
doesn't work. dmesg shows that the kernel sees and loads the le0 stuff
correctly, but when it comes time to configure le0, it appears down,
triggering a "lost carrier" error message. As mentioned, a ``test net''
command within OpenBoot results in  the inner loopback test passing and
the external loopback test failing. I've tried about everything I can
think of and am assuming that this port is just dead. Guess I'll try to
buy/make an adapter for the funky AUI port so I can use an AUI-Ethernet
transceiver. Or perhaps I'll cough up the $$ for a SunFastEthernet 1.0 NIC
: I'm assuming these will work on an SS5/OBP v2.15/NetBSD-1.6 setup,
right?

Beaker                /
                 o  /
                 </
              /
            /              * finger me = pgp key *

--
I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere.