Subject: TPE Port Problems on SS5
To: port-sparc <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: beaker <beaker@freeshell.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/06/2003 00:50:42
Hi All,
I recently became the proud owner of a SS5 w/ (1)TPE port and (2) AUI
ports. I don't have an adapter to fit the funky AUI port(s) so I'm trying
to use the TPE port but getting "no carrier" messages at bootup ("le0" is
detected OK by netbsd). Testing within OpenBoot via "test net" fails on
the external loopback test. I've got the applicable default O.B. settings:

local-mac-address?	false
tpe-link-test?		true
nvramrc

The ethernet cable is std patch and works on my SS2 & SS-IPX. The NVRAM
battery is fine so I didn't mess with the HostID, which means that the
HostID does not contain the last threee octets of the IP I'm using: not a
problem AFAIK. Is there anything else I might need to do to get things
working or is my TPE port kaputz?

Cheers,
Beaker                /
                 o  /
                 </
              /
            /              * finger me = pgp key *

--
Aleph-null bottles of beer on the wall, Aleph-null bottles of beer, You
take one down, and pass it around, Aleph-null bottles of beer on the wall.