Subject: Re: telling boot.net to continue from disk - how?
To: NetBSD SPARC port <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/28/2003 16:31:28
On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

[HF: is there some way to tell the "boot.net" that my SS4's tftp server handed
[HF: over to continue booting from local disk, instead of doing bootp to find a
[HF: NFS server, path etc.? Compiling "boot.net" (well :) in some way would
[HF: help, but some quick code inspection didn't show many switches in
[HF: sys/arch/sparc/stand ...

Last I ever knew about booting over the network was that if you got your
bootblocks that way, it would continue thus UNLESS you did a 'boot net -a'
to get the bootblocks to ask you what device to use.

I think what is desirable here is to be able to say
boot net -f device path-to-kernel [ flags ]

I wonder if that's possible to implement...

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: We Stay Up.