Subject: Re: couldn't ping cpus
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/19/2003 18:49:17
On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 06:19:50PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Weln, it survived a kernel make -j10.
> Maybe it's the hight filesystem activity of make -j4 obj which is the
> problem (it always die in make obj).
> Trying again with a lockdebug kernel.

Well, it died as well, and again in the make obj. This can be because of the
filesystem activity, or the high exec/fork/exit load.
The box doesn't swap, the frozen top window says there is 22M RAM free.

Here his what I have on console:
xcall(cpu0, f00078dc): couldn't ping cpus: cpu1
simple_lock: locking against myself (this is probably the cause of the lookup
without lockdebug)
lock: 0xf01bbb88, currently at: sys_generic.c:996 on cpu0
last locked: kern_sync.c:659
last unlocked: kern_sync.c:637
logwakeup+0x28
printf+0xa4
xcall+0x328
sched_wakeup+0x1e0
wakeup+0x84
lwp_exit2+0x64
exit2+0x64
switchexit+0x3c
cpu_exit+0x120
exit1+0x128
sys_exit+0x2c

the cpu1 stack trace:
nmi_soft at nmi_sun4m+0x15c
_simple_lock+0x150
ltsleep+1b0
kqueue_scan+0x264
sys_kevent+0x1b4
syscall+0x1f4

Let me know if you want something else, I can reproduce it easily.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>