Subject: Re: light web browser
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/19/2003 15:12:44
* John Steele Scott <toojays@toojays.net> [0143 07:43]:

> I ended up trying links-gui, dillo and chimera. Other possibilities are
> mMosiac and Arena, but they don't support newer flavours of HTML.
>
> Links-gui had some bizarre behaviour. When it started up the colours on my
> entire display went weird for a moment, then once it was running, the colours
> would go strange whenever I had my mouse inside the links-gui window. If I
> moved the mouse outside the windows, the colours would go back to normal.

Major downer to links-gui is it doesn't do http authentication. I still can't figure
out how to edit its bookmarks without resorting to vi. Other than that I love it.

w3m-img seems to have appeared in pkgsrc recently, might be worth a look?
I'm building it on i386 now, not sure if it'll work on sparc.