Subject: Re: smparc - success with mixed modules?!
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/18/2003 07:39:29
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>  wrote:
 > On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, matthew green wrote:
 > > you're about the Nth person to discover this recently :-)  there appears
 > > to be nothing inherent that would cause this to fail and netbsd seems to
 > > work just fine.. 40 vs 75 is the largest difference i've seen so far.
 >
 > Leet. :)

I have a 90Mhz 0-cache cpu and a 150Mhz 512k cache cpu.  I mentioned this
to 'pk' and he said it wouldn't work due to different cache sizes. I
assume that still holds as a basic truth.  Barring the fact that these
are hypersparc cpu's.  It would seem I don't have any 2 cpu's with the
same amount of cache except a dual 40 module. yuck.

---
Real PC Serial console & remote reset - The PC Weasel! http://www.realweasel.com