Subject: Re: hypersparc MP testers?
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/13/2003 10:36:19
At 0:11 Uhr -0800 13.1.2003, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:
>So it booted single user ok, but when I tried to run fsck -p it died.
>Possibly interesting stuff:

Note that after the commits of the last two days, my ss10 (2x SM71) shows
the same behaviour - console flooded with

xcall(cpu0,0xf0007940): couldn't ping cpus: cpu1
xcall(cpu1,0xf0007940): couldn't ping cpus: cpu0

while going multiuser, and eventually breaking into ddb because some lock
was held when it should be not, or was freed when it shouldn't, or
something.

Before that, an SMP kernel survived a www/phoenix build with a mac68k cross
build in parallel, but reproducibly paniced with heavy network activity
(amanda server). The latter may or may not be an SMP issue, see pr#19831.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email