Subject: Re: nell-users: heads up, config file change needed
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Olev <olev.hannula@mail.ee>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/09/2003 17:00:47
Martin Husemann wrote:
> options FULL_SPARC_BUS_SPACE
>
> This makes the bus_space implementation complete, thanks to Mathew Green.
> At this stage now nell should work with all pcmcia cards support by any
> properly written MI netbsd driver. If you encounter any that does not
> work, please send-pr.

Ok, tried it on my IPC, still the same problem, when the sbus pcmcia
card is inserted (even when it has no pcmcia cards inside) I get random
core dumps (sshd for example, every time it says something different and
then crashes) after removing the card and using the same kernel I see no
lockups. So maybe the problem is related to the sw-caches bug, since I
seem to be the only one getting it, and everyone else trying it are on
suns with hw-cache (this came into my mind because i've got an error 11
only when compiling programs before, yesterday when testing the nell
card with the new option I got many error 11's). If I get the time, I
will test it without options FULL_SPARC_BUS_SPACE, but even when it
works then, it is of no use, since then there is no way to make it a
wireless gw.

Olev