Subject: re: SMP enabled
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/09/2003 03:22:25
   > On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 03:40:15PM +0100, ragge@ludd.luth.se wrote:
   > > I just tried to compile a kernel on a similar machine (4/670, 4 CPUs,
   > > 128MB RAM) but it do not manage to start the other cpus. Boot message:
   > [...]
   > > cpu0: booting secondary processors: cpu1 cpu2 cpu3
   > > xcall(cpu1,0xf0261c98): couldn't ping cpus: cpu0 cpu2 cpu3
   > > xcall(cpu1,0xf025bce0): couldn't ping cpus: cpu0 cpu2 cpu3

   This seems to a problem with the GENERIC MP kernel. The tuned kernel
   (SUN4M only, bunch of other drivers removed) that I've been using
   works (but performance isn't too great).

   I don't know what causes the GENERIC kernel failure.

FWIW, GENERIC.MP and a GENERIC.MP from the nathanw_sa branch
both appear to work "ok" on my ss20/712.

.mrg.