Subject: re: SMP success
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/07/2003 12:08:41

   And - bingo! The box boots. Way cool!

   Since this is a -current kernel running on 1.6 userland - is the kernel all
   I need for smp, or would I have to update (parts of) the userland, too?
   top(1), e.g., still reports all processes are running on cpu #0.

oh, there is an #if 0 in sparc/locore.s that is not yet enabled, you will
have to do this...

   >	- Greg (who's looking forward to finally being able to upgrade
   >		his SPARCserver 20/712 from 1.4.2 once there's a stable
   >		release with SMP support ... 1.6.2?  1.7?  Anyone?  Bueller?)

   1.7, I suppose, since the changes are part of the cvs trunk.

correct.  this will not appear on the 1.6 branch.

.mrg.