Subject: How can one get a hold of hardware specifications for programming the SparcStation IPC?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Draco Paladine <rombios@acedsl.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/05/2003 10:25:42
Good day all:

	I have been playing around with the NetBSD port to the SparcStation
IPC for the past few days. I havent gotten around to installing the source
yet, but wondered:

1) how did the author of the port get a hold of the hardware specifications
   for the SparcStation IPC (as an example). There is a lot of information
   missing from Sun's manuals (especially that needed to write or port
   over an OS)

   a) memory map
   b) i/o ports and addressing
   c) sbus specification
   d) firmware info
   e) firmware structure in terms of what it does at power up and what
      and where it expects to find the bootstrap code
   f) structure of boot strap code
   g) register level/info/specifications for the framebuffer and network
      devices (sbus)

2) are these available from Sun?

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this -- thanks
--
In the names of Osiris, Isis and Seth
Let the Spirit of Anubis, Flow into THIS Vessel