Subject: Re: SPARCstation boot (Zip) disk
To: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
From: Christian Smith <csmith@micromuse.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/27/2002 13:31:06
On Tue, 24 Dec 2002, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:

>On Mon, 23 Dec 2002 @ 1:50am (-0600), Andy Ball wrote:
>

>AB> Hello Andrew,
>AB> Thanks, I'll give that a try.
>

>hmmmm, if you can stir up a scsi zip250, you'd have just enough space for an
>X server.  that would be perfect for an "X Terminal"

You could easily get an X terminal in under 50MB. Stick the fonts on a
server, add some swap space and you'd be set for an X terminal on a 110MB
Zip drive.

--
"I've started referring to the proposed action against Iraq as Desert
Storm 1.1, since it reminds me of a Microsoft upgrade: it's expensive,

    /"\
    / \