Subject: Re: OpenLDAP problems
To: Robert Morgan <sparc@liondragon.co.uk>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/24/2002 22:53:27
On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 @ 3:55pm (-0500), Robert Morgan wrote:

RM> Does anyone have OpenLDAP working on 1.6 (on a Sparc 5)?
RM>
RM> It builds successfully, but following the Quick Start docs at
RM> www.openldap.org which direct me to edit my slapd.conf file with suffix and
RM> rootdn set as a minimum (the docs refer to BDB but the NetBSD install seems
RM> to use LDBM). At that point, I can start slapd (/etc/rc.d/slapd start)
RM> successfully, but the first test from the docs
RM>
RM> ldapsearch -x -b '' -s base '(objectclass=*)' namingContexts
RM>
RM> immediately causes slapd to core dump.

...often the only way to debug problems with that type of behavior is to
compile them with debugging symbols and run them withing gdb(1), or
ktrace(1)/ktruss(1).

if something obvious stands out, send-pr(1)

    -lava

RM> Can anyone tell me if I've got something seriously wrong here?
RM>
RM> Thanks!

later -           | _BonaFide[] = { coder, author, | /~\ The ASCII Ribbon
Brian A. Seklecki | problem solver, scholar, BOFH, | \ / Campaign Against
                  | vegetarian, runner, NetBSD     |  X  Exchange, Outlook
                  | advocate, spiritual machine }; | / \ & HTML Email

PGP: 0111 4618 0111 4618 4AB2 24EB C853 6611 75C4 A91E A7A7 4973

"Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."