Subject: Re: Fetchmail
To: Paul Thompson <paul@abyss.co.nz>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/17/2002 07:20:39
--u3/rZRmxL6MmkK24

hi,

first, this is not a question for port-sparc but for netbsd-help (or
tech-pkg).

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 06:29:20PM +1300, Paul Thompson wrote:
>=20
> I've tried fetchmail, there doesn't appear to be a package for it, so
> I downloaded the source but it wont compile, even after trying all of
> the tips in the FAQ, then I tried Getmail, but the package wont
> recognise the newer version of Python in the packages.

both these packages are in pkgsrc under mail category.  if there are no
NetBSD/sparc binary packages on FTP (if i get right what "there doesn't
appear to be a package for it" meant), you can compile it from pkgsrc by
giving "make install" in the appropriate directory
(pkgsrc/mail/fetchmail or pkgsrc/mail/getmail, respectively).

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>                   --
--                  <salo@silcnet.org>                   --