Subject: Re: spkr beep
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Laurent=20FAILLIE?= <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/15/2002 01:29:13
 --- Dan Debertin <airboss@nodewarrior.org> a écrit :

Well, I juste test it on my SS5 : the console is ttya
but the PC on the other side of the cable is not on
for the moment.

> Don't be so sure:

Well, I juste test it on my SS5 : the console is ttya
but the PC on the other side of the cable is not on
for the moment.

> stretto% printf "\a" > /dev/console

I have to be root : ok no trouble -> su2.
An other try : doesn't work ! Because all console
stuffs are redirected to ttya, no beep on the speaker.

> Assuming, of course, that you can write to
> /dev/console. Writing to
> /dev/audio makes similar assumptions, though.

as my normal user :

[laurent:20]/home/laurent $yes aaaaaaaabbbbbbbb | head
-100 | tr -dc ab | tr ab \\0\\200 > /dev/audio

Beeeeeeeppppppp.

Bye

Lolo

=====
The misspelling master is on the Web.
   _________	100 % Dictionnary Free !
 /  Dico  / /	Pleins d'autres fautes sur
/________/ /	http://go.to/destroyedlolo
(#######( /	http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org:8080
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.