Subject: No serial console on Tatung SuperCOMPstation 20S
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Iggy Drougge <optimus@canit.se>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/29/2002 08:15:01
In brief: What does one need to do in order to coerce the Tatung to
use a serial console?

I found a dirt-cheap Tatung SuperCOMPstation 20S (SS20 clone)
yesterday, sporting a 2GB HD, two RAM modules and a Tatung-made SBus
frambuffer. The sole MBus module is SUN branded, featuring a very
large (unles you're an Intel user) silver heatsink.
I connected with null-modem at 9600, 8N1. This has worked fine with my
SS2 and SS10, but this one is uncooperative.
When turned on, it beeps once, and after a while a second time. The HD
is also started. That is the only indication of life.
Though removing the framebuffer isn't supposed to make a Sun more
willing to use the serial console, I figured that it might do it since
this is a clone system. Well, after removing the Tatung framebuffer
(one remains situated on the planar, though without any VSIMM,
AFAICT), it doesn't even beep, and no serial output.
What am I to do? Declare it dead and move the components into the
SS10?

--
En ligne avec IMHO webmail v0.98.2