Subject: Re: BPP driver status?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: None <gdunlap@san.rr.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/26/2002 21:29:43
I've played with /etc/printcap quite a bit but haven't had any luck so
far.  The printcap entry I included in my previous message is pretty
basic and I think should work for just spitting out text;  it's certainly
possible I've missed something though.

I know that getting the parallel port to work has been an issue for a long
time, both for NetBSD and Linux, and an old Usenet message on a
Sparc/Linux newsgroup mentioned a bug in the parallel port controller on
the LX, but no specifics; this kind of vague information is typical of
what I've found so far.

I'm hoping that someone who actually worked on the bpp driver might
know something;  I'd hate to waste too much time chasing print daemon
configuration problems if the driver or hardware are buggy :-)

Meanwhile, I'll guess I'll try out CUPS or LPRng soon, in case it IS an
LPD issue.

Thanks,
Greg Dunlap