Subject: Re: gtk+ multiple builds !
To: Paul NCC/CS <pts@bom.gov.au>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/26/2002 09:21:08
On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Paul NCC/CS wrote:

# Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:38:44 +1100
# From: Paul NCC/CS <pts@bom.gov.au>
# To: port-sparc@netbsd.org
# Subject: gtk+ multiple builds !
#
# Hi folks,
# (I was just about to post this on tech-pkg but so
# much of the background of my stories is on this
# list at present I thought I'd post here. Hope u don't
# mind).
#
# Mozilla build updated my old gtk+ to "gtk+-1.2.10nb3".
# It took ages, but I assumed that this is what my latest
# pkgsrc tree required.
#
# As I build in one window I download in another to
# make use of the link up time. I did "make fetch-list |sh"
# in x11/xscreensaver. To my horror it downloaded
# "gtk+-2.0.8.tar.gz"  another one!  I can live with building
# yet another one , but I was wondering if i build this
# for xscreensaver will it stuff up the build for mozilla,
# which has requested "gtk+-1.2.10nb3"?

Did you remember to update the pkgsrc for xscreensaver?

# Thanks ALOT.
# I hope to learn as much as I can about the pkgsrc system.
# I need to be able to live with it in order to make the
# whole netbsd thing viable long term.
#

Always update the pkgsrc that you are trying to build before you build
it.

				--*greywolf;
--
Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology",
start asking why software is ignoring 30 years of accumulated wisdom.