Subject: Re: gv and eterm autodeleted! ?
To: Paul NCC/CS <pts@bom.gov.au>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/25/2002 21:36:44
On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Paul NCC/CS wrote:

# My question is if I type "make update" in www/mozilla
# will it remember that it blew away 5 applications and
# rebuild them?, or will I have to rebuild them all manually
# since the build last night was interrupted?

The latter, I'm afraid, mate.  You might want to do a dependency
pre-check when rebuilding things.  I'm actually leery of doing
updates like that since it insists upon updating EVERYTHING; I usually
do a delete, note the dependencies, then do a force-delete and rebuild
manually.  It's more manually intensive, but it's nicer for slower network
links which can't be up forever.  I have had very few problems with this
approach, despite what allyers might think.  I don't usually have too many
back-revisioning problems.

# Thanks Manuel,
# cheers,
# Paul.