Subject: data access exception error on boot w/ my sparc20
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Bsd Neophyte <bsdneophyte@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/24/2002 20:53:28
alright... i'm completely new to netbsd and not too knowlegable on unix or
unix-like systems in general.  this is also my first post here... so
please, if i'm doing something wrong... be nice about it and let me know
instead of slamming me.

i've managed to install netbsd 1.6 on my sparc20 (128mb/9gb), overwriting
my existing solaris 8 setup.

now i'm having problems getting the system up and running.  when the
system reboots, i get a "Data Access Exception" error along with some
numbers.

i've done a google search on this and maybe it's my poort search
abilities, but i haven't found anything that helps me.

therefore, i'm coming to you guys in the hope that you can dispense some
good advice or instructions on how to resolve this issue so that i can
start learning netbsd and hopefully make my own dns server.