Subject: netscape running but...
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Paul \(NCC/CS\) <pts@bom.gov.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/22/2002 09:14:00
Gidday folks,

I have netscape running on solaris 7 libs on ss5 now. Hooray.
But boo:

Something is horribly wrong with it's DNS lookups. The CPU
is not stretched at all but it just sits there for donkeys before
it starts up. Then when it does get going it trys to resolve
netscape.com for home page and just has absolutely no idea.
That is it fails and gets no where.

I have the /emul/svr4 tree set up as suggested in compat_svr4.

Is there anything I have to do to /emul/svr4/etc to get the
DNS to go ok , or does it just refer to /etc.  There is a nameserver
on the home network that everything else works with.

How do I get solaris netscape out of it's DNS knots?

thanks,
Paul.

Paul
Australian Bureau Of Meteorology