Subject: Re: netscape running but...
To: Paul \(NCC/CS\) <pts@bom.gov.au>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/21/2002 15:35:05
# Gidday folks,
#
# I have netscape running on solaris 7 libs on ss5 now. Hooray.
# But boo:
#
# Something is horribly wrong with it's DNS lookups. The CPU
# is not stretched at all but it just sits there for donkeys before
# it starts up. Then when it does get going it trys to resolve
# netscape.com for home page and just has absolutely no idea.
# That is it fails and gets no where.
#
# I have the /emul/svr4 tree set up as suggested in compat_svr4.
#
# Is there anything I have to do to /emul/svr4/etc to get the
# DNS to go ok , or does it just refer to /etc.  There is a nameserver
# on the home network that everything else works with.
#
# How do I get solaris netscape out of it's DNS knots?

/emul/svr4/etc/nsswitch.conf should provide a clue.  You may also
have to copy your /etc/resolv.conf file(s) there.

#
# thanks,
# Paul.
#